This post contains affiliate links. I will receive a small compensation if you purchase anything through my links. I only promote items that my family or I have used personally and have enjoyed.
Back when hubby and I were dating, long before kids, date nights were a regular thing. Whether it was the movies, bowling or playing pool, we always went out.
Here we are, 18 years later, with 2 kids and a mountain of debt and the lack of motivation to spend 5 times more money on activities that we can do at home. Not to mention that asking my daughter to baby sit her brother for us is like asking her to eat worms. She loves him to pieces but never wants to be alone with him because he loves to push her buttons!
Date nights at home have become a norm for us, after the kids go to bed. We haven’t been great about making it a weekly thing, but as often as we can, we set aside time for each other. These are some of our favorite date night ideas:
- Do arts and crafts together
- Do a home improvement/DIY project together
- Cook a meal together
- Blind taste tests
- Order take out
- Play games (naughty or nice)
- Exercise together (go for a walk around the block)
- Grab the kids nerf guns and have fun
- Got a hoop, play a game of HORSE
- Go swimming or run through the sprinklers
- Camp out in the living room and watch a movie like True Lies on Netflix (think blanket forts)
- Watch home movies together
- Dig out the old school video games (Super Mario Bros anyone?)
- Binge watch favorite TV show (The Walking Dead here we come)
- Do a spa night (facials, massages…the works)
- Bubble bath
- Star gazing in the backyard
- Have a picnic, also in the backyard
- Breakfast for dinner…in bed